- Abstracts must be in English.
- One of the choices (“only poster” or “poster/oral communication”) is to be selected.
- One of the topics of the list must be selected for the abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 500 words in length, excluding title and author(s).
- The abstract should not contain tables or pictures.
- Abbreviations should be avoided or explained.
- Abstracts must be structured as indicated below and each section must contain text:
- Title (Bold)
- Authors details: Title(s), name(s) and affiliations of authors, as well as complete email address(es).
- Presenting authors details marked with an asterisk (*).
- Where appropriate, the remainder of the paper should be arranged under the headings Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements, References.
A) Translation of experimental animal studies
e.g. experimental design issues/validity, advantages/limitations of animal models, microbiome…
B) Ethic and Legal framework for the use of laboratory animals
e.g. ethical review, severity assessment…
C) Animal welfare in research
e.g. environmental enrichment, behavioural management, Humane endpoints…
e.g. procedures assessment
E) Animal Health
e.g. health monitoring strategies, case reports, influence in research…
F) Management of GM animals
e.g. transgenesis techniques (CRISPR…), cryopreservation…
G) Anaesthesia, Analgesia and Surgery
e.g. pain assessment and management, refinements…
H) Implementation of the 3Rs
e.g. replacement, reduction, & refinement strategies, systematic reviews…
I) Design and management of animal facilities
e.g. innovative designs, lean management, organization…
J) Ocupational Health and safety
e.g. biosafety, allergy control, ergonomics, radiation, chemical…
K) Education, training and competence of personnel
e.g. education and training strategies, evaluation of competence…